Pages

Thursday 13 September 2012

Preliminary Task - Magazine

My magazine front cover:


My magazine contents page:

Above is my preliminary task. We had to create a front cover and contents for a magazine for Haydon School. We had to finish this in 2 lessons. I found that quite hard as I didn't know how to use Photoshop so it took me more than two lessons.
I didn't want to have too much on it. I wanted to keep it plain and simple with only a few cover lines. I decided to follow the Haydon Stag colour scheme of a dark yellow and dark blue. I kept the background a picture of the field with a member of my class with recycling bin trying to exhibit that Haydon won the recycling award. I also included the date and price. If I was to improve my front cover I would definitely change the name of the magazine, the masthead. I would also add a selling line above it. I would maybe add a few more images.
For the contents page I didn't know what to put exactly. Our teacher just said to make up a few story lines and add a few images. So that's what I did. If I was to improve it I would a lot more detail because after I did research I realised what a contents page actually included. So I would a few more appropriate details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment