Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

Production Log: Monday 10th September 2012

Today I continued with the preliminary task. On the front cover I added my main image. I tried fiddling around with the tools if I could get rid of the background of the field however some people around me said that it doesn't look bad with the field in the background and trying to get rid of it will be hard as I am still learning the other basic tools on Photoshop. So listening to their feedback I kept the background and used it for my contents page as well. It did turn out to be quite effective. On the front cover I also changed about some colours I had used at first and added a back box behind the date and price to make it stand out. I based my colour scheme on the colours of the stag; blue and yellow. On the contents page I added in a few story lines and added page numbers. I tried to make it look as realistic as possible by inserting pictures around the actual contents but due to lack of Photoshop skills and my aim to finish as soon as possible I couldn't do my best. If I was to do this task again I would definitely do some research of how magazines front covers and contents pages look as I don't really pay attention to that when I am actually reading magazine. Also I would choose a better name of the magazine. 'Haydon Updates' was too boring sounding and a catchy magazine name was needed. 


These are the tools on Photoshop which I found quite hard to utilise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment