Pages

Thursday 1 November 2012

Production Log: October Half Term

Over the half term I did a number of tasks. I did promotional methods, colour, new media, survey results and name ideas. I also had to do the props and costumes task however I hadn't done my photo-shoot so I couldn't do that task. However I did start planning what I want my models to wear and my aims behind it. The promotional methods task was to explain ways to promote a new magazine. Colour was to show what colours I have chosen for my magazine and why I have chosen them. I have chosen red, black and white. New media is quite linked to promotional methods. New media just indicates all the new media around us; Facebook, Twitter etc. The survey results was meant to be the easiest task of all however the site I did my survey on, www.surveymonkey.com, was a bit weird and said I had to upgrade to the Premium Membership to allow me to copy the graphs they create for me. So this meant that I had to create my own graphs/pie charts to show my final results. However the good side was that I got 50 responses so my results were more stronger and collective. The last task, names idea, was the hardest of all. I had to think of an name that I could use for my magazine and put it in different styles and fonts. I found this hard because I couldn't  think of a suitable name but after a lot thinking I came up with the name 'Platinum'. I highly doubt I will use this name as I'm not feeling it yet. But I will see closer to the time. 

Additionally I also created my time-lapse which is basically a video or pictures of me doing my photo shoot; behind the scenes. The pictures involve my models doing their and make-up and pictures of me taking pictures. I did this with another camera set-up behind me which would take a picture every 10 seconds. I put all the images in Adobe Premiere creating a short video.  


The website I used for my survey







Types of promotional methods



No comments:

Post a Comment