Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Question 3

What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why? - Video with Music


This question is about which company would distribute my magazine. It is likely to be one of the four that form the oligopoly (IPC, etc). Also I have gone with a company that doesn't already have a magazine similar to mine. I explained why the company would like my magazine and how they might or could distribute it. 

Transcript:
Hearst Magazines UK is the largest digital publisher in the UK. Their reach extends to 1 in 3 UK women and 1 in 4 UK adults. Hearst Magazines UK is the largest digital publisher in the UK. Hearst Magazines UK publishes 20 consumer titles in the UK: All About Soap, Best, Company, Cosmopolitan, Country Living, ELLE, ELLE Decoration, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s Bazaar, House Beautiful, Inside Soap, Prima, Red, Real People and more.I think Hearst Magazines UK is a suitable distributor for my magazine as competition will be low, extremely low. This is because Hearst Magazines UK currently do not distribute any music magazines as the list of the magazines mentioned are majoritily to do with women and their lifestyle. Also, my magazine is targeted at women and men so Hearst Magazines UK will expand their gender to both, males and females as at the moment Hearst Magazines UK only distribute women magazines. There are a number of ways Hearst Magazine could distribute my magazine. They could put in adverts in their current magazines to get their existing customers to know about my magazine.They could also create a Facebook and Twitter accounts as the target age are more into the social media.Creating Facebook and Twitter accounts will allow existing and potential customers to engage with my magazine. Hearst Magazine could give out leaflets through the post or in book stores or in the newsagents to spread the word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment