Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?


In this question I have explained what my magazine contains to ensure it will sell, how I have made it attractive and other selling techniques e.g. use of new media.

Transcript

My magazine’s target audience is attracted firstly through the colours I have used which are red, black, grey and white. These colours suit males and females allowing it to reach a larger audience. Additionally these colours go well with my magazine theme of pop and appeal to my target age of teenagers and above. The colours look appropriate to my target audience of pop magazine compared to some that include gender bias colours such as pink and yellow.

Furthermore, I have included a lot of different conventions a magazine that would attract my audience both ways; make them want to buy my magazine and give more for the price they pay. To get them to buy the magazine I included what they want. I did this with the research I carried out. One of the researches was looking at existing magazines and how they achieve their target audience. Secondly I carried out a survey for teenagers as that is my target audience which involved questions which would help me decide what they want; for example, price of magazine, genre of magazine, what kind of freebie they would like – CD, poster, etc. I have also included competitions to win tickets to big music events so that covers the point that my audience are getting more than the price they pay for.

The audience that I have targeted is quite young so they will be involved in the new technology meaning social media such as Twitter and Facebook. The use of social networking sites will allow my audience an easier access to sneak peeks of my magazine each month which will encourage them to buy the magazine to know the full stories and gossip. Additionally the young audience will have good phones which are Smartphones such as Android, Blackberry and iPhones which have multiple uses such as emails and apps. This will allow my magazine to email newsletters to those who have subscribed to my magazine. Also phones such as iPhones will be able to download the App for free from the App Store and the App would include the front covers of all issues so far and it would be possible to buy the latest issue of the magazine from the App itself however it will be at a higher price.

Additionally, my articles are based on gossip as that is what I have found from my survey results. My audience mostly care about the personal life of an artist which is what I have aimed for. My article includes an interview which reveals hidden features and characteristics of my model. This also links with my images that I have used because my article is about a hideous looking girl who then looks pretty and the audience can relate to this as it can change ones perspective.

The style of writing of my magazine is easy to read and my audience would feel calm and relaxed whilst reading it. I have found out that different magazines have a font which is suitable for the genre of the magazine. For example a metal rock genre have big bold looking font which expresses the metal rock type of music. So I feel the 2 main fonts I have used throughout suits my theme of pop music.

No comments:

Post a Comment