Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product? - Video with Voiceover



This question was about my target audience and what their gender, age, social class and social habits. I also mentioned why it would be that particular audience and how it fits in with my media product.

Transcript:

The target audience that I have chosen for my music magazine is teenagers to young adults aged from 16 to 25 years old but the older adults are also free to read. I have chosen this age range because music artists are usually this age as well and the audience of the similar age to them usually idolise them. The age 16 is typically known as the age where one is becoming a young adult who earn money but doing part-time jobs so they can go out themselves and buy magazines. Also at this age people are mature and old enough to travel on their own to go to concerts and other music events. So my magazine would allow my audience to find out what music events are held when and where.
I feel my magazine will appeal to both genders equally. My magazine is mutual with both genders as it includes content that will make the male audience read my magazine and the female audience. The male audience would read my magazine as the genre of music my magazine is based on pop and this genre tends to be popular in male as most of the pop music artists are female and the male gender feels more attracted to the female artists. The female audience would read my magazine, due to the similar reason of pop artists are mainly female and the female audience would look up to them and idolise them. Additionally the colours that I have used for my magazine are gender friendly so it will attract to both genders.  
The social class that I have chosen for my magazine is A-C1. I have chosen these social classes because I think that these are the classes that will be able to afford to buy my magazine on a monthly basis. Although I am targeting my magazine at younger people as well, it is more likely to appeal to young people with parents within these social classes. As my magazine is priced at £3.50 per issue, it is likely that only people from these social classes would be able to afford every issue, however as the subscription deals on offer allow both regular and irregular readers to save money, members of other social classes will also be able to access the issues they want and when they want at a cheaper price.
The readers of my magazine will share similar social habits and interests. My magazine meets the audience’s expectations and extra features which they would be interested in. For example, my audience would like to see opportunities to win tickets by taking part in fun competitions so I have included quite a few competitions where readers can take part in and have a chance of winning tickets to music events such as the Jingle Bell Ball and the X Factor Tour 2013. This will increase popularity within the age range and the audience will get more than they pay for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment